By now you’ve figured out whether or not you’re part of the 8% that’s keeping your New Year’s Resolution or you were too crazy to make that list in the first place.
Maybe you’re working on your Annual Bucket List! That seems to be the new thing now!! Why create a list of things you’re not going to accomplish anyway…just create a list of things you want to do throughout the year. Places you want to go, people you want to spend more time with or things you want to learn and/or fulfill throughout the year.
Life changes…takes dedication, commitment!!
It’s easy to say “I’ll eat earlier…no more late night snacks” plus “I’ll get a better night’s sleep” — that is till you forget what time it is…you’re reading a book, relaxing, watching TV, it’s late…you’re watching a live television show and can’t fast forward through those food commercials that are now speaking directly to your belly. Now, you’re hearing the rumbles coming up from your soul — directing you to the frig, the pantry, the hidden stash of sweets — anything to keep it quiet!! “What was that?” You started your diet yesterday?
If you’re doing Life Changes, you have to:
- Consider everyone living in the house — If you’re not the only one, not everyone will be “loving” you by week two! Unless they’re as committed as you are. Or eating somewhere else when you’re not around. 😉
- Create a reasonable time period of accomplishment — for Goal Setting purposes. Be realistic. Try not setting a goal to lose a specific amount of weight. Eat a certain way, for the rest of your life and stick with it.
- Decide to become active or more active. If you just love all those late night TV shows…record them. Then watch them on your terms — at an earlier hour, breeze through the food commercials, or watch them through lunch.
- Decide what you want to do…and schedule it. Make it happen!! You’ll be surprised at how good you’ll feel doing something you’ve wanted to do with someone special (even if that special someone is yourself)!!
- It doesn’t matter where you live…there’s a lot to do!! Check your paper, go on-line, talk to the people in the know…discover something new around you!!